Wednesday, April 17, 2013

You know you're crazy when...

I know all of us moms have done crazy things in our sleep deprived, stressed out states. I can't tell you how many times over the years I've lifted up Mary Lawrence's shirt and tried to attach Maggie's feeding extension tube to her to stomach.

With Neely I am super careful when changing her diaper because I have this ingrained fear of doing so after accidentally yanking Maggie's g-button so many times. (Justin says he catches himself doing the same thing.)

This morning after feeding her I carried Neely into the living room and promptly started trying to put Maggie's halo brace on her. I kept moving her up and down in the brace, not understanding why she didn't just fit right in it as usual. It was about 30 seconds before I realized I had the wrong child! Maggie and I burst out laughing. "Silly mommy!" she said.

I just had to take a picture because I know one day life won't be so crazy and I will look back on the laugh and hug I had with Maggie today with great joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment