Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goals 1 &2

Our fabulous OT, who has made enormous progress with Maggie over the past two months, said in December that her goal with Maggie was to get her to sit up on her own by mid- January. Well, congrats, Mags, you did it!







It's akward-looking, yes. But I tell you, she's a much happier baby when she's sitting up (after all she's one year old and should not be laying around all the time). I still put pillows around her bc she eventually gets tired and her head pulls her over, but I still count it as meeting her goal!

Goal 2? Learning how to roll over and push herself back up. Yes, that's what a 6-7 month old is learning but I'm far over that. For so long I didn't try to encourage these things bc so many people told me she would not/could not sit up until her torticollis was fixed. But I got tired of waiting for that, and also realized that statement wasn't true- in fact, waiting around to work on these things was actualy impairing her overall development. So although she doesn't like to work on tummy time and crawling (pretty much screams the whole time) we make her due her "workouts" throughout the day. I am hoping she will learn to crawl in the coming months, which will hopefully cure these boredom whines we are hearing all day long.





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. So cute!!! She looks great, and I'm so proud of her for sitting up...that's so fun! Great Job, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo Maggie....great sitting up....way to go Mommy for teaching her all these fancy new things to do...praying for you and Maggie and your family.

    Hugs
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blesses my heart so much! Thank's for sharing!

    Samantha Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee! Maggie looks amazing! I am so proud of her...and you as well! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete