Friday, December 28, 2012

Welcome Neely Elizabeth!

We are so thankful for a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby. I knew I would appreciate these first few weeks so much - but I totally underestimated how much! A combination of her being our third baby (we're more laid back!) as well as a healthy baby (not running across the house every time a heart or lung monitor goes off like we did with Maggie!) we are just sooo thankful and almost giddy. I want to soak in every minute and not miss a thing. I'm also fiercely protective ( will have to work on that!).

Neely was named after my sister, and Elizabeth we thought appropriate because it means "God's gift." When I was pregnant with Maggie we were told that if I moved forward with the pregnancy, there was a high chance I'd never be able to be pregnant again. We trusted God and He has blessed us beyond belief. She truly is a gift from Him!

Neely's big sisters are in love as well. Lawrence is so helpful and Maggie loves to hold Neely. We have a few jealousy issues but that's to be expected:)

Neely is eating great and gaining weight. I can't tell you how satisfying that is to me. So far she is so good and easy (could we be so blessed!?).

Christmas this year was extra special with a white Christmas day in Dallas. Girls liked playing in it for about five minutes and then were ready for hot chocolate!

















1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am so glad you have a healthy new little girl to love and were able to enjoy a healthy pregnancy. - Lisa S. RN

    ReplyDelete