Tuesday, May 7, 2013

MRI tomorrow

Maggie has an MRI tomorrow. It is to check for any changes in her spinal cord since she had her surgery when she was 13 months old. Please pray that we would get good results back that show no changes and that everything is fine her. We have seen some signs lately that there may be some issues so I am trying to be hopeful...


Tomorrow will be an all day affair, with her MRI under anesthesia in the morning and then waiting to meet with the neurosurgeon in the afternoon for results. I am dreading it all. Waiting in pre-op forever, doing all the paperwork for the gazillionth time, forcing Maggie to let the nurses take her vitals, repeating her medical history to at least four different people, and then explaining to my sweet little girl, over and over again, why she has to roll into a strange and scary room without me...it is all too familiar. Now that she knows what to expect, it makes it even harder....

On another note though..

Maggie got her first official haircut today. I've never taken her anywhere because her tilted head makes it hard for someone to cut, so I always just trimmed it myself. But I don't cut it often enough and, as a result, it got so long that whenever it got wet it stretched all the way to her rear end! So we finally went today to Cool Cuts and got the "first hair cut" picture frame and bow at three and a half years old!

 Jessica held her head straight ...

She was very serious about the whole process...
But looks so beautiful now..those curls don't quit!




No comments:

Post a Comment