Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Her upcoming surgery

Lately I think I have attempted to downplay Maggie's upcoming surgery as a way to dismiss my own fears about it. But the truth is, it's a very serious surgery. And I am nervous. Scared. Anxious. Kind of want to throw up when I think about it.  Not many people understand what it's like to watch your baby being rolled away into an operating room, praying that she will come out better than when she went in.  Let me tell you, it's awful. .

The surgery is scheduled for Friday at 7:30 am and will take at least two hours. We do not know what her recovery will be like. She'll be in the hospital a few days at least. And although it is considered routine as far as neurosurgery goes (but really, is there anything "routine" about neurosurgery?) there are major long-term neurological implications if the surgery is not done right or if she responds poorly.

So I humbly ask you to remember Maggie in your prayers this week:

1. For the surgeon's hands to perform every minute of the surgery perfectly
2. For no short-term or long-term complications
3. For no infections while in the hospital
4. For no complications with anesthesia
5 And for a fast and easy recovery

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of our sweet family and friends who are praying for us and especially for Maggie.

4 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be praying for y'all!!! I'll be out of town this weekend, but maybe I could bring dinner sometime next week.... or take ML for an afternoon, or both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and her! And for an enormous amount of peace for you. I can't imagine that feeling- nor do I want to. Watching Olivia go for tubes was hard enough. Please know so many are praying for you and Maggie. How is her collar working? She is absolutely adorable! Hang in there! It will be Fri morning soon and it will be over. It seems like the waiting is the worst part. praying...praying! Hope you can find some verses that you can read and re-read and that the Holy Spirit will fill you with peace and remind you of God's word and his goodness. And his desire for you to rest solely in him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for sweet Maggie and peace for Mom and Dad. I am so sorry you all are having to go through this again. I have been reading your blog for a while now and I have been lifting up your sweet girl for months. You all are so strong! Sawyer had a few medical problems this year and we have been in the icu and hospital and had some scares and it gave me a whole new respect for what you go through all the time. I can't even imagine! God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying sweet friend...and sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete