Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pitiful but cute!

We spent two hours at Scottish Rite on Thursday getting her medieval torture device adjusted (aka the brace). It was so awful that in between adjustments I got on the phone to see where that soft collar was that I ordered last week. I'm on the phone with this medical supply company and the orthotics tech walks in with this...




it's the same idea as the soft collar, but with a little more support. She asked me which one I would like better - the full body brace (which I haven't even taken a picture of because it just seems cruel to when she's hysterically sobbing) or something like this collar Definitely this, I said!

She told us to try it for a few weeks and then come back and they'll make one custom fitted for her. I'm so excited because it seems learning how to crawl and walk will me much easier in this. We'll see....Justin came home and said that she looks like a totally different baby when she's straight. Not sure if it will help at all, but at least it will teach her what is normal. Her poor eyes must be so confused (her PT thinks she might be suffering from a little vertigo, too).

She definitely doesn't like it, but she doesn't scream like she does when in the brace. Now it's up to us to be diligent about making her wear it as much as possible!

2 comments:

  1. Lee she looks so cute in it!! I just love those cheeks and she really does look like a different baby! Saying our prayers this works. Thinking of you all.
    Love
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete