Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Botox tomorrow

Our hospital bags are packed, Maggie has had her pre-op breathing treatments, and my alarm is set for five am tomorrow morning.  After all the doctors we've seen over the past year, I am so glad that we are finally taking some serious action about her neck and her GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Of course, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a a little nervous (I pulled weeds and planted flowers like a maniac today!), but I truly believe that this is the best option for Maggie right now and trust that God hears our prayers for protection, prescision, and healing.

Oh I hope that this fixes her neck and allows her to sit up straight! I am so excited for the progress we are hopefully going to see in the coming days and weeks. Actually tonight Maggie gave us a sneak peek and pushed herself into a sitting position while playing on the bed. This is no big deal for most babies, but for Maggie is it huge! We have been working on this for months - I've endured torturous screams from my poor baby as we stretched her severely tight legs and forced her to strengthen her extremely weak core day after day with no apparent results. But then, tonight, she does it like it is second nature. (I guess that it was second nature to her but she just didn't have the physical capactiy to do it until now!).

No comments:

Post a Comment