Thursday, July 29, 2010

No news...

There is no news on Maggie - I guess the end of summer is not a good time to schedule surgery because inevitably one of the many doctors that have to approve it are on vacation. So hopefully next week or the week after we will know more.

I don't know why but I haven't been sleeping at night. I find myself thinking about all that's going on and getting nervous about the surgery. When we have come such a long way it kind of seems like a step back to watch her being rolled into some operating room. It also feels like I'm letting down the barrier of protection around her that I've put up. You would think I would have learned by now that this precious baby is in God's hands and that no matter how hard I try, I cannot control God's will for this child. A year after putting her life in His hands I still find myself trying to take her back into my own. But I know deep down that He loves her and has the absolute best plan for her life. And Justin and I truly feel like this is the right thing for her right now. We are just ready to get through it and start our new life with our g-tube, helmet wearing baby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment