Monday, November 29, 2010

Quick update about test results

The nurse called today and informed us that the tests were "inconclusive." She was not very willing to answer my questions, but here is what I do know...

They found something in her spinal cord that is like a fluid build-up (I could have this totally wrong because, again, I wasn't given that much detail). The doctor doesn't think this is causing her torticollis but definitely needs to be checked out.

We are being referred to a neurologist and neurosurgeon for further evaluation about that as well as her torticollis. I asked her if I should be encouraged or discouraged about not finding any specific cause for her torticollis and, surprise, she didn't really have an answer. And I asked her if they could provide a brace or something for Maggie's neck in the meantime, and she said no, because they need to know exactly what's wrong first. I understand that, but at the same time, it seems like we could do some "management" while we are waiting. The poor child is suffering and bored and cries all of the time because she can't do anything on her own.

Anyway,from my deduction it sounds like it is not a skeletal nor a muscular problem, so perhaps it is something neurological?

Needless to say, while we are so thankful they didn't see anything life-threatening like a tumor, I am still discouraged. Two more doctors added to our list of physicians who can't seem to figure out what's ailing my child. I am praying that we don't have to wait months to get in to either one. And I'm praying for solid answers to help our child.

Thank you so much to all who are praying and keep up with Maggie - I really do pray that God blesses each and one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment