Tuesday, September 29, 2009

24 weeks

I am 24 weeks today which is such a huge milestone but I am feeling daunted by how far we need to go. I have been so overwhelmed the past few days and gripped by fear. I don't know what is ahead and that is so hard. All day I pray for God to heal us and to save Maggie. I long for Maggie to be in my arms. I long for us to all go home together as a family. For Mary Lawrence to get up on the bed with us and hold her newborn sister. I just don't know what I'll do if those things don't happen. I know God hears my heart and my cries out to Him. I know I am not alone and I don't need to be fearful. But I am tired of suffering, I want a reason for celebration again.

I am discouraged because the sonogram today didn't show any fluid reaccumulation, even after no leaking for a few days. Please pray that our next sonogram will show more fluid and that I will not leak anymore. Also please pray against infection.

5 comments:

  1. We prayed for you in Sunday School, Lee and will continue to pray. Blessing and peace...Catherine Richards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee,
    This is Jordan Maedgen from A Mother's Heart. I was forwarded your blog link and wanted you to know you, Maggie and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee, it seems like in times when we are most discouraged, God has something right around the corner to encourage us with. Hang in there. It is right around the corner. I am so sorry for the fear you are living with daily. I am praying for sweet Maggie and against infection for both of you. And that God will encourage you, carry you through this time, and make his presence known in that hospital room with you. He is always with you and will never leave you. I know you know that, and it is easy to believe and stand on with life is good and easy. But I am praying you can stand on it even more now when life is hard, scary, and uncertain. That's the real time he teaches us to really trust him and that he provides strength for each day. I hope you can also face one day at a time without looking at the end and how far you need to go. You've come so far. It seems like before it took a few days more to get more fluid accumulated. Praying at your next ultrasound they will be able to see it and that it will keep accumulating. Bless your sweet heart and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee,
    Steve sent me the link to your blog. I have been following it, and I have you and your sweet family in my prayers. Your faith, your strength, your belief in the Lord's purpose and plan is so overwhelming. You are certainly a witness to His power and grace. Know that you will continue to be in my prayers.
    Marsha
    Isaiah 40:31 "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like the eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint."

    ReplyDelete
  5. know that the Witheringtons are still praying, thanks for the specific requests.

    ReplyDelete