Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Godly Husband

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Sweet husband. I just don't deserve him. He never complains when I ask him to get me water during the night, never looks annoyed when I make a list of chores. Even though he is physically exhausted from working 80 hours a week, he always greets me with a big smile when he gets home from the office.

He knows when I am about to cry (he says my nose turns bright red) and tries to make me laugh before I do. When I wake him up at 3 am and can't sleep, he rolls over and talks to me. When I am feeling completely hopeless, he prays with me. And when I sob uncontrollably into my pillow, he holds me tight and says he loves me.

I am pale, weak, without makeup - not to forget blotchy faced - yet everyday he tells me that I am the most beautiful woman in the world. I tell him he is just saying that cause I am his wife, but he looks at me so sincerely, with so much love in eyes, that I have to believe that he really thinks it.

I met Justin when he was 15. Nearly fourteen years later I think about the man he has become. And I am amazed. I knew he was a good, honorable man back then. But the man God has molded him into is so much more than I ever could have imagined for my husband. He is truly a servant-leader to our family. And I feel blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee,
    Justin is a wonderful man and husband but don't forget that you too are a wonderful woman, wife and mother. I know this time has been very hard on you and I can't imagine how hard it is but do remember that you are loved. I remember you every night in my prayers. Keep up the great work of resting, I know it is hard and lonely.
    Love
    Alison, Adrian and Huck

    ReplyDelete