Sunday, January 3, 2010

Almost Home!

The doctor has given us the ok for Maggie to maybe come home this week. It seems too good to be true! We were told this on Friday and all weekend long I just kept waiting for the call that he changed his mind. But we didn't get that call! So today I have been scrambling around to get everything ready for our sweet baby. You would think we would have it all ready but I guess there was this tiny part of me that just couldn't believe this day would actually come. As we were hanging the curtains in her room tonight I was looking around and remembered how I stayed in that bed this past August when our A/C went out and I just prayed and prayed that we would bring our baby home to that room. And here we are getting it all ready for her. It is just too amazing that this is really happening!

Over the next few days Justin and I will be learning about how to care for our preemie baby at home. She will come home with supplemental oxygen so we will definitely need some training on that. While a few weeks ago I was very nervous about bringing her home with oxygen, now I am more confident as I truly believe that she will thrive when she is home with her family. And hopefully she won't have to be on oxygen very long.

We are so excited!!

2 comments:

  1. Lee, What wonderful news! I am so happy for you all. Keep trusting the Lord to give you all that you need. He is so faithful to us, isn't He? You and your sweet family will continue in my prayers as you bring Maggie home...
    Love, Marsha
    Isaiah 40:31

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, I am so happy for you! I can't believe she will be home just in time for your due date. My sister's daughter is on oxygen so let me know if you need any tips - especially while getting her out to go to appointments, etc. We continue to pray for all of you! So exciting!!

    Nicole Thomas

    ReplyDelete