Monday, January 18, 2010

Jan 18

Maggie is doing great. My mom just left so tomorrow it is my first real day to do it all by myself. Thankfully my mom got my house in order and spiffed it up a little for Spring. So although I am home bound, at least I have a happy home to be bound up in!

It is definitely hard to stay on top of everything else in our house because it seems the day is a continuous cycle of the following things : pump, feed Maggie, give breathing treatment, put Maggie to sleep, spend time with Mary Lawrence and then it starts all over again preparing medications and taking her temperature, oxygen saturation, etc. In between there is always the occasional alarm going off where I have to figure out what is going on with Maggie, usually it is just a false alarm. It is all exhausting but I don't dare complain (ok maybe I do sometimes but I always want to slap myself when I do). And thankfully I have a sweet husband who helps me a lot when he is home. I keep telling myself I will get more efficient or figure out a better routine but haven't gotten there yet. It doesn't help that Maggie has her days and nights mixed up. She is wide awake in the middle of the night and screams a lot. Then she is exhausted the rest of the day and sleeps all day! If anyone has any suggestions on how to get her switched back around, I am open to suggestions. But overall, she is making great progress. We are going back to eye dr. tomorrow and pediatrician on Wednesday.

We went for our first walk today since the weather was so warm. I think the fresh air was good for all of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment