Sunday, November 29, 2009

Nov 29

The past few days have been kind of scary but thankfully Maggie is doing much better right now. We were told from the beginning that the NICU is all about two steps forward, one step back but because Maggie has only been getting better since her birth it took us both by surprise when she declined so rapidly before our eyes. The blood transfusion helped, but only temporarily. Yesterday morning while I was visiting she started having too many episodes of apnea. she was also very lethargic and not her usual fiesty self, which they suspected was due to an infection. They did tests all day but nothing hinted at infection. So they are trying some other treatments to see if they will help. They can't say for sure why she declined sp fast - it's sort of a process of elimination. Right now they are just glad she is stable but if this starts up again she will have to go back on the CPAP machine. Of course I don't want that but I also want them to do whatever is necessary to make her strong again. I learned first hand yesterday how quickly things can go south and I don't want that to happen again.

It's funny how when everything was going so great with Maggie, I noticed I was praying less and less. And then as soon as it looked like she was in danger I was praying fervently again. How as humans we so easily forget our daily need for God! I don't want to lose the faith that has been strengthened by this experience and I don't ever want to forget, no matter how good things may seem, how God helped me in my weakest hour and how He immensely blessed us by giving us Maggie.

2 comments:

  1. Lee and Justin,
    I am so relieved to hear that she is stable and doing better. I just want you to know that you all continue to be in our prayers...I remember how comforted I felt just knowing people were praying for Wyatt. It brought me such peace. I hope this brings you all some peace too...just knowing we care about you guys and that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers!!
    Praying for you guys and your little miracle!
    Love,
    Leslie (Dodd) Blanchard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lee, I am so glad to hear Maggie has graduated to feeders and growers! I am sorry to hear she is having some setbacks and pray that there is no infection and that her heart remains strong and that her lungs strengthen and grow each day. I pray that you continue to put your trust in God and that He gives the doctors and nurses wisdom in their process of elimination. Most of all I give thanks for Maggie's life and the opportunity to pray for you and your family. Sincerely, Taylor

    ReplyDelete